Monday, March 30, 2009

Pork Chops in Gravy

The first time I made this, I cooked three center cut pork chops for about 35 minutes and topped it off with chopped green onions. This time I cooked seven thin pork chops but was too lazy to go out and buy green onions. So I stuck with the recipe except that I seasoned the chops with garlic and onion powder along with salt, and also peppered the gravy. Both times it came out great but I think next time, if I cook as many chops again, I'll use 1 cup of water instead of 1/4 cup. With only 1/4 cup water, the chops took longer to cook and they sucked up most of the gravy.
Here's the original recipe ("Gravy Baked Pork Chops" from allrecipes.com):
  • 4 (1 1/4 inch thick) pork chops
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper to taste. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the pork chops in the butter for about 5 minutes per side.
  3. In a separate medium bowl, combine the milk, water and soup. Place the pork chops in a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour the soup mixture over the chops.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment