Sunday, March 29, 2009

Slow Cooked Ribs in Maple Syrup and Soy Sauce!

I've tried this recipe two ways: the recipe's way and my way, as inspired by the recipe. It came out just fine when I followed the recipe but the maple syrup affected my blood sugar, so I had to alter it a bit.
I placed 6 boneless country-style ribs in the slow cooker, seasoned them with Johnny's Seasoning Salt, garlic powder and onion salt. I then poured about 1-1/2 tbs. of soy sauce and 1- 1/2 tbs. of dark corn syrup over the meat, mixed everything together by hand, and then poured about 1/2 to 3/4 cup water (or until water covers 2/3 of the meat) into the cooker. I cooked it for 10 hours, not lifting the lid even once to check on it or stir it. While it was on warm, I threw in some onions and let it sit for about 15 min, or until the onions were soft.
It was a lot of meat for just my husband, me and our baby (she got to try a little), but it was so good we were more than happy to have so much left over!
Here's the original recipe ("Slow Cooker Maple Country Style Ribs" from allrecipes.com):
  • 1 1/2 pounds country style pork ribs
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 dash ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS
  1. Combine ribs, maple syrup, soy sauce, minced onion, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, garlic powder and pepper in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Maple... syrup? ('-') Hmmm... that's different! I want some.. Wut you say tummy? (._.)?

    ReplyDelete