Sunday, April 26, 2009

Giant Meatballs with Gravy!

According to the recipe it's called "Simple Salisbury Steaks," but as I was making it, I realized it was just like my dad's meatballs but with breadcrumbs and cream of mushroom added to the mix. Nonetheless, these came out great! They kind of look like a mess, especially in this picture, but my husband and I both loved them and I can't wait to make them again.
Here's the original recipe (from allrecipes.com):
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
  1. Mix thoroughly 1/4 cup soup, beef, bread crumbs, onion and egg. Shape firmly into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
  2. Heat oil in skillet. Cook patties until browned. Pour off fat. Add remaining soup and mushrooms. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment