Friday, April 3, 2009

Pork Chops and Ritz Crackers!

I haven't had Ritz crackers in years but if I had known it would make such a great batter/bread crumb replacement/shake n' bake stuff--whatever you want to call it--I would've made sure to keep a box in the kitchen.
I used seven thin pork chops, seasoned them to my liking with seasoning salt, garlic powder and a little pepper, and then followed the recipe from there. Since I used seven chops instead of four thicker ones, I had to leave them in the oven for an extra five minutes...and probably because I let it bake uncovered for the first ten minutes. So, in trying to follow what some of the reviewers suggested (cover for 30 min, then cook uncovered the last 15 min), I covered it for the next 20 min and then left it uncovered the rest of the time. They came out nice and crunchy!
Here's the original recipe ("Famous Pork Chops" from allrecipes.com):
  • 1 cup crushed butter crackers
  • garlic salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 4 pork chops
  • 1/2 cup butter
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a shallow bowl combine crushed crackers, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. In a separate bowl beat eggs.
  3. Dip your pork chops in the egg batter and then in the cracker mixture. Place the pork chops in a casserole dish. Place chunks of the butter around the pork chops. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. GAH I'M COMING OVER NEXT WEEKEND!! ( *0*)/ STOP SNOWING IN THE PASS!!

    ReplyDelete